January 31, 2017

[Monthly Project] #2 November & December Empties!! Part 1 (Skincare Products Only)

Monthly Project (January 2017)

#2 November & December Empties!! Part 1


"Monthly Project" is a new segment whereby I will be writing about different topics related to skincare and/or makeup end of each month - to bring more content in a dynamic way, which hopefully could be more applicable and relate-able to you.

Unlike "Weekly Product Review" which only features one product, "Monthly Project" will cover multiple products either by brands, categories, favourites and etc.

Today, I'm going to share with you a topic which I haven't done before, and I really hope it's gonna be a fun reading for you.

Alright, let's bring it on!!

**********************************************************************************

November & December Empties!! Part 1 (Skincare Products Only)



As the title suggests, today I'm going to share with you the products which I finished using in the month of November & December 2016. I am going to divide them into two parts: skincare products and makeup products.

While running through the products, I will also briefly states my comments after using them, whether these products worked for me, or not. As most of them I got long back then, which I couldn't remember the exact price I purchased for, so I will just put down the current price for your reference.


First, let's see what's on the skincare list:-

1. Bifesta Cleansing Express Sebum Cleansing Lotion (300ml)



They called it "cleansing lotion", but in fact it's just cleansing water to me. They don't have thick and oily texture like lotions do, which still a mystery to me why they named it "cleansing lotion". Anyway. At first, I bought it because I wanted to try on something new. Previously, I really enjoyed using Kao's Bioré Makeup Remover Perfect Cleansing Water. And I have this high hope on Japanese products, which I thought that Bifesta would be just as rewarding as well.

Well, it turned out not that case. Its makeup removing power was just so-so, which I often saw traces of makeup residues while toning my face. Besides, there is this unpleasant chemical smell which I dislike. Neither do I like the feeling while swiping the cleansing water on my face. I just don't like it overall. Of course, I didn't want to waste it, so I just quickly finished off the product, and off the bin it goes.

This product is available at Watsons stores Malaysia-wide. Price is RM29.80.


( ᐛ )و( ᐛ )و( ᐛ )و( ᐛ )و( ᐛ )و


2. Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner (250ml)



If you ask me, "what you would buy from Etude House?" This Wonder Pore Freshner will definitely on that wishlist. Boy oh boy, I must say, I was really impressed by this product. First thing first, I like the refreshing effect as toner. The texture is water-like, very light on the skin, that's why it is refreshing on the skin.

Most of all, I can see the pore-tightening effect. Usually what I will do is, I soaks the cotton pads with the product and lay them on the targeted area (with large pores). Especially after getting rid of blackheads around the nose. Do this every time when you have breakouts or when you remove blackheads, you can see the result. Pores are tighten, skin around is soothen, less blackheads to be found. Thumb of rule, do it consistently.

This product is available on Althea for RM35 and Hermo for RM36.25.


( ◞・౪・)( ◞・౪・)( ◞・౪・)


3. Innisfree Broccoli Clearing Toner (150ml)



I love to eat broccoli...but broccoli for skincare? Wow, this is new to me. In a split of second, I might thought this is a product from Skinfood (heh). But yeah, Innisfree too is about natural, clean and green ingredients.

As far as Innisfree claims broccoli is great for sebum control, sadly to say, I didn't see big difference after finishing this small bottle. Yeap, 150ml packaging is kinda small if compared with similar products from other brands. It has this vegetable smell (?) Or, is that broccoli (?) The smell of nature (lols) which is unique. Only it has. Be assured, it is a pleasant smell, oh yes, don't worry.

Fairly to say, it was a good, mild and soothing toner. Generally, I think it will make a good basic skincare item that suits all skin types. On top of that, I like its product design: transparent, cute and handy. To me, simplicity is class.

This product is available on Althea for RM23.


( ´ ▽ ` )ノ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ


4. It's Skin Power 10 Formula YE Effector (30ml)



This is the first bottle I bought from the Power 10 Formula line. That time I was looking for serum type booster to add-up into my skincare routine. Then I saw this Power 10 Formula line, and I was really amazed that it would so affordable, which got me into thinking of how effective it is.

For instance, YE Effector is better known for skin-reviving, boosting cellular growth and hasting the cellular turnover process to improve skin texture and restore clarity. It claims to have anti-aging elements as well. 

Well, so you will ask me, do you see skin texture improved? I will say, yes, but I just not too sure whether it is because of the YE Effector, or a combination of skincare products which I uses on a daily routine. Do you see less breakouts? Not really, I still have breakouts occasionally, as usual.

What I like the most is that, thou the formula is slightly thick and slippery, it is rapidly absorbed by the skin and formed a thin layer of moisturizing protection. Frankly, it wasn't a great product, but good enough. Not to mention, it is affordable and value for money.

This product is available on Hermo for RM26.50.



(*^▽^)/(*^▽^)/(*^▽^)/


5. Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum 2X -essential- (30ml)



You might have read my previous Weekly Product Review on Skinfood's Black Sugar Wash-Off Mask where I mentioned this product before. If not, you can find the link here. This is by far the most rewarding finding I've got in 2016.

A bit of introduction. This Black Sugar Serum is said made from black sugar and Cheongju, a traditional Korean wine. Once you opened up the bottle, a pleasant rice wine smell can be easily observed. I really love the smell.

It is a watery-type serum, very runny. What I do is, put several drops on my palm and lightly pat the serum onto my face, since I don't want to waste a single drop on cotton pad. The texture is so light that you can even layer the product, maybe 2~3 layer, on your skin for it to absorb more of the goodness.

What is it for? You can use it as toner or a serum to achieve a smoother and clearer skin complexion. As for me, I observed clearer and softer skin complexion after using it continuously for a week. I was thrilled!

The one I bought is actually a sample (30ml). This product is available on Hermo for RM21.09.
The full-size packaging (120ml) comes with its own set of dual sided serum cotton pads. It is available on Hermo for RM104.94.


°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°


6. Nature Republic Whitening & Wrinkle Improvement Ginseng Royal Silk Watery Cream (60g)


This product has also featured in one of my previous Weekly Product Review. (If you haven't read about it, the link is here)

Yes, this product aren't cheap. It is by far the most expensive moisturizer I ever bought for myself. But seriously, I can see why. Let's go into it's main ingredients: red ginseng extract (antioxidant and revitalizing), royal jelly (moisturizing and brightening), silk amino acid (tightening and nourishing ) and gold (brightening and regenerating). All of these ingredients are already well-known for its goodness for skincare (in brackets). That's why that claimed to be the best complete moisturizer.

At this point of time, you might think, "wait a minute, this sounds like an anti-aging product. well, I think my mum needs that; but for me, no thanks."

Well, if you are 20s or above, I kindly suggests you to start doing anti-aging now. Do you want to look 30s when you're 40s? Do you notice Korean mums are generally look younger than their age? It is no secret that you are advice to start doing anti-aging skincare routine as young as in your 20s! (I hope I can share with you guys more on this topic in future)

Back to our topic. This product can be used for day and night. I usually applies it as my last step of nighttime skincare routine. The cream texture might feel thick and heavy once you applied it onto your skin. But soon the cream will melt and become watery, and formed a layer of moist protection. The moisturizing result is instant and it is lasting (for the whole day/night).

Since I bought it when it had "buy 2 free 1" sales promotion back in South Korea, now I'm using my second one, continually. It's really pricy, but I love this product. 

This product is available on Althea for RM200 and Hermo for RM253.34.


(。≖ˇ∀ˇ≖。)


Thank you for reading until the end (o^∀^o). Please do look forward for the next Monthly Project as I will be sharing with you "November. & December Empties Part 2 (Makeup Products Only)".

'Til the next time. Cheers! ^_^

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© soulmatehyeon. Design by FCD.