August 21, 2016

[Review] Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off + Black Sugar Perfect First Serum 2X Essential

Hello hello there! Welcome back to our theme of the month - cleansing! ^0^

In continuation from last week, I am going to introduce another skin cleansing product from Skin Food. I find it very interesting whereby Skin Food literally name all of its products using a list of food names. Last week, it was Pineapple Peeling Gel; and today we have Black Sugar Mask Wash Off. Feelin' have a cup of black tea with sugar today? :D


Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off 100g


First impression while I was looking at the product online, by its packaging, I was confused how 100g would look like? Would it be enough for me? Does it worth the money?

Less assured guys. This is TOTALLY MORE THAN ENOUGH. I bought it from Althea for RM26, and when I received my online shopping parcel, I literally can't believe my eyes. 100g is ALOT mann... And seriously, you don't need much for one application. And since it is a facial scrub, you don't need it everyday. So, it's fine.

Remember I was sharing about Peeling Gel last week? This gonna be the opposite of it. These black sugar particles are literally like real sugar: hard and smells sweet. Take a small amount and apply it on your skin, you can feel the roughness of the black sugar, and it soon dissolves and melt into your skin. Yummm...




How to use it? It's simple.
(1) After cleansing, take appropriate amount and massage onto damp face (avoiding the eyes and mouth areas) **Note: Pat water/toner onto your face to reduce irritation while massaging
(2) Leave it for 10 to 15 mins to absorb
(3) Rinse off with water

From the color you can tell it is more to brownish-black. Once applied it on my face, it toned down my skin color and straight away I look like I got a serious suntan @@ OMO




Remember that your skin absorbs better after scrub cleansing? For instance, I will apply serum from the same series - Black Sugar, which promotes nutritious and transparent skin. I really really like this serum. The smell reminds me abit of traditional rice wine, which is mild and pleasant. This is the product I would repurchase and recommend for any skin type :)


Skin Food Black Sugar Perfect First Serum 2X Essential Trial Pack


Overall ratings (Mask Wash Off):
Price             ★★★☆☆
Functionality  ★★★★★
Texture         ★★★☆☆


Overall ratings (Serum):
Functionality  ★★★★★
Texture         ★★★★★


Well honestly the mask wash off is quite an average product (as compared to the Peeling Gel we mentioned last week). However, I really enjoy using the serum and observe better skin condition. Overall, Skin Food did change my thought for its skin care products, and definitely I would pay more attention to this brand from now on.


Do lemme know your thoughts about this product review or share your experience with me in the comment box below.

Cheers!^^

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© soulmatehyeon. Design by FCD.